Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default difference between two dates

Dear all, please help me with a formula

i need to calculate the leave balance for all my team members, however, the
leave keeps adding up on a monthly basis. so i need a formula, which finds
the difference between today(present day) and the date of joining to
calculate the leave.

i can use a particular date and find the difference, however, if i have
calculated it for today, next month, i will hve to rework it again for that
month's date.

this seems a lil complicated, can anyone help me out please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You don't say what units (Yrs, Months etc) you want the difference in so
have a look at Datdif here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx.

To make it automatically update you can use something like

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"m")
Where A1 is the start date

Mike

Mike

"Arun" wrote:

Dear all, please help me with a formula

i need to calculate the leave balance for all my team members, however, the
leave keeps adding up on a monthly basis. so i need a formula, which finds
the difference between today(present day) and the date of joining to
calculate the leave.

i can use a particular date and find the difference, however, if i have
calculated it for today, next month, i will hve to rework it again for that
month's date.

this seems a lil complicated, can anyone help me out please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

List their dates of joining in column A, then in column B enter:
=TODAY()-A1 and copy down.

The =TODAY() will adjust every day you open the workbook.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200793

"Arun" wrote:

Dear all, please help me with a formula

i need to calculate the leave balance for all my team members, however, the
leave keeps adding up on a monthly basis. so i need a formula, which finds
the difference between today(present day) and the date of joining to
calculate the leave.

i can use a particular date and find the difference, however, if i have
calculated it for today, next month, i will hve to rework it again for that
month's date.

this seems a lil complicated, can anyone help me out please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Arun" wrote in message
Dear all, please help me with a formula

i need to calculate the leave balance for all my team members, however,
the
leave keeps adding up on a monthly basis. so i need a formula, which finds
the difference between today(present day) and the date of joining to
calculate the leave.

i can use a particular date and find the difference, however, if i have
calculated it for today, next month, i will hve to rework it again for
that
month's date.

this seems a lil complicated, can anyone help me out please

You need to be aware of a perennial trap. The answer lies in if you are
counting gross or net days.

In a simple example, if a person starts work on 1 January and ends work on 2
January, 2 days pay would be due. Calculating the number of days pay by
taking the last day less the first day would result in an underpayment by
one day. It is, therefore, important when calculating gross days to add one
day (i.e. =date2-date1+1)

Bill Ridgeway

Computer Solutions