Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Difference of two dates

Hi all, I would like to ask if anyone can suggest me a funtion or a formula
in Excel on how to calculate the difference between two dates in the format
of DD/MM/YYYY or similar to this, considering real number of days in a month.
The function DAYS 360 can calculate this, but only in terms of 30 days in a
month which does not answer my question.
Any help would be highly appreciated,
Thanks,
Zafar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A1=01-01-2007
A2=13-01-2007
A3=A2-A1 and userformat d
------ OR ---------------
A3=--TEXT(A2-A1;"d") and format as number
------ OR ----------------
DATEDIF

"Zafar" skrev:

Hi all, I would like to ask if anyone can suggest me a funtion or a formula
in Excel on how to calculate the difference between two dates in the format
of DD/MM/YYYY or similar to this, considering real number of days in a month.
The function DAYS 360 can calculate this, but only in terms of 30 days in a
month which does not answer my question.
Any help would be highly appreciated,
Thanks,
Zafar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The suggestion:
A3=A2-A1 and userformat d
is wrong.
Format should be General or Number, not d. [Try it when the number of days
difference gets more than 31.]

Same problem with:
A3=--TEXT(A2-A1;"d") and format as number [Again, try it when the number
of days difference gets more than 31.]

Just use =A2-A1 and format as General or Number.
--
David Biddulph