Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default difference between two dates

Hi,

You don't say what units (Yrs, Months etc) you want the difference in so
have a look at Datdif here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx.

To make it automatically update you can use something like

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"m")
Where A1 is the start date

Mike

Mike

"Arun" wrote:

Dear all, please help me with a formula

i need to calculate the leave balance for all my team members, however, the
leave keeps adding up on a monthly basis. so i need a formula, which finds
the difference between today(present day) and the date of joining to
calculate the leave.

i can use a particular date and find the difference, however, if i have
calculated it for today, next month, i will hve to rework it again for that
month's date.

this seems a lil complicated, can anyone help me out please