Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dcccgoose

Default difference between dates

I have 3 colums. Sent, Received and #. Sent and Received are formatted
as dates. I'll call them C5,C6,C7 respectively.

What I want to do is:
If C5 and C6 are blank, leave C7 blank
If C5 has a date but C6 does not enter 0 in C7
If C5 and C6 have dates enter the difference in days between them in
C7

This way if things are sent but not received the record can easily be
found by looking for 0, and when things are sent and received the
difference can be seen.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

--
dcccgoose
dcccgoose's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34416

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(COUNT(C5:C6)=2,C6-C5,IF(AND(ISNUMBER(C5),C6=""),0,""))

If sent and received are the same day (if that's even possible) you'll get a
result of 0 which might be confused for a false positive meaning not
received.

Biff

"dcccgoose" wrote
in message ...

I have 3 colums. Sent, Received and #. Sent and Received are formatted
as dates. I'll call them C5,C6,C7 respectively.

What I want to do is:
If C5 and C6 are blank, leave C7 blank
If C5 has a date but C6 does not enter 0 in C7
If C5 and C6 have dates enter the difference in days between them in
C7

This way if things are sent but not received the record can easily be
found by looking for 0, and when things are sent and received the
difference can be seen.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

--