Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Charles Eaves[_2_] Charles Eaves[_2_] is offline

Default Difference in dates

That works fine but how do show the result as: month/yr.
I tried what you suggested and I get a number of days (8) for the result.
I think I used April 29,2009: formatted as 4/09.
I right clicked on the (=Today()-A1) cell and tied to format for m/yr but no
luck.
Thanks
"Charles Eaves" wrote in message
Thanks
"Jack Gopher" wrote in message
Hi Charles,

Assuming the first date is written in Cell A1, then Write inside cell B1
the
following formula:
=Today()-A1

if the formula's result is showing as a date, then format that cell as a
number.

------
http://www.free-training-tutorial.com

"Charles Eaves" wrote:

Using Excel 2007, I would like to see the difference between 2 dates.
1 column is formatted as: month/yr.
I would like to use the (now or today) command in the second column.
When I open up the spreadsheet, I want the difference between the 2
columns
to reflect today's date.
Thanks