Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default invoices

Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-
200 for A agent,201-300 for B agent, and so on for about 15 agents) ,is it
possible in excel 2003 to have a (warning) if i register no. 115 before 114
for agent A for example because i want to register the invoices nos.for each
agent sequensly.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are you assigning the invoice numbers offline or when you are registering
them in Excel?

If you do the latter, you could simply fill the Invoice# column with all
possible numbers for the agent in the correct order and then fill out the
details (date etc.) once you want to register the next invoice.

If you assign the invoice numbers offline, you could simply add them to the
agent's worksheet and then resort all rows by the invoice number in ascending
order.

Ulrike

PS: If this post helps, click YES

"tofimoon3 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-
200 for A agent,201-300 for B agent, and so on for about 15 agents) ,is it
possible in excel 2003 to have a (warning) if i register no. 115 before 114
for agent A for example because i want to register the invoices nos.for each
agent sequensly.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Let us know how the current data is arranged in your worksheet.

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

"tofimoon3 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-
200 for A agent,201-300 for B agent, and so on for about 15 agents) ,is it
possible in excel 2003 to have a (warning) if i register no. 115 before 114
for agent A for example because i want to register the invoices nos.for each
agent sequensly.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Jacob Skaria wrote:
Let us know how the current data is arranged in your worksheet.

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
agent sequensly.
Thanks in advance.

dear sir,with thanks, i register invoices details daily ,after the sells
department completed their invoice they sent copy to register in my program ,
the invoices are different in their nos.depending on the agents names, they
sent me the invoice no. 1146 before 1143 by mistake or not , i (because of
the momentum) enter the nos. randomly which must affect passively on the
prices and the sequence ,what i want to do is : when i enter any nos. with
their details wrongly the action will refused.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Show us some sample data please, at least the invoice number data.

And what if 201 has been assigned and now 205 is assigned, should that
generate an error?

I also would make the suggestion that your numbers run from 200 to 299 not
from 201 to 300.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"tofimoon3 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-
200 for A agent,201-300 for B agent, and so on for about 15 agents) ,is it
possible in excel 2003 to have a (warning) if i register no. 115 before 114
for agent A for example because i want to register the invoices nos.for each
agent sequensly.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Shane Devenshire wrote:
Hi,

Show us some sample data please, at least the invoice number data.

And what if 201 has been assigned and now 205 is assigned, should that
generate an error?

I also would make the suggestion that your numbers run from 200 to 299 not
from 201 to 300.

dear sir,i recieve about (10-15) invoices daily from another section in my
company, these invoices contain the materials details that they have recieved
from the supplyer,for example : if they sent me an invoice no.(144651) dated
1/3/2009 which has (a) material with price(2.65),i enter this price in my
program as a last price we have recieved,by a mistake they keep the invoice
no. (144649) which has the price(2.8) for same kind of material with them and
delivered it after some days ,now i cannot use the last price (2.65) which i
need it as a last and lower one with out changing the sequence of invoices.i
need a way to warning me that i enter the big no. instead of the small one.

Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
agent sequensly.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"tofimoon3 via OfficeKB.com" <u49346@uwe wrote in message
Shane Devenshire wrote:
[...]

A change in office procedures might be easier to implement than trying to
program for the bad habits of the other section.
Are you the only one that the other section sends invoices to? If you are
then the gap in numbering should be a trigger that something is wrong. In
any case, you have to have some kind of control over what is happening to
the missing invoice numbers so that you don't "get caught" by missing
invoices showing up late.