Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jtietz93

Default best way to do invoices

I have created an invoice template and will be using many times and resaving
as different invoice #'s.
1. Should each of the saved invoices be saved as a worksheet or a separate
file?
2. I would like specific data in each saved invoice to be copied to a master
account database.
Thank you for your simple answer to this simple question.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

Hi. Not *really* a simple question. Perhaps you'd like to try the free
invoices.zip download:
http://www.officearticles.com/downloads/
You can use it as is, modify it, or steal the code from it.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"jtietz93" wrote in message
I have created an invoice template and will be using many times and
resaving
as different invoice #'s.
1. Should each of the saved invoices be saved as a worksheet or a separate
file?
2. I would like specific data in each saved invoice to be copied to a
master
account database.
Thank you for your simple answer to this simple question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"jtietz93" wrote in message
I have created an invoice template and will be using many times and
resaving
as different invoice #'s.
1. Should each of the saved invoices be saved as a worksheet or a separate
file?
2. I would like specific data in each saved invoice to be copied to a
master
account database.
Thank you for your simple answer to this simple question.

Not as simple a question as you might think. This is potentially a very
interesting discussion. Do you have any hobbies, friends or family that
don't need your attention for a couple of years? :-)

The first question (separate files or not) is the easiest: I don't know.
There are multiple issues to consider. I don't know whether one method or
the other will make better use of disk space. I also don't know how many
invoices you might end up with in one workbook. But, at some point
(unknown), a workbook will definitely become unwieldy to use. Get enough
tabs on the bottom and they'll become unreadable.

The second question requires more information. Exactly what specific data do
you want to copy to a master database?