Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Default keyboards shortcuts

Hello, I have Excel 2007

If I want to delete a row I can select the row, right-click, then select
Delete from the drop-down menu. No problem.

I notice that the Delete option has the D underscored. This suggests that
Alt+D should be a keyboard shortcut, but it doesn't work. What does the
underscored D mean ?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The underscore means a hotkey or in other words, the letter that is pressed
to activate that option but ONLY when that menu is active. In this case the
Edit menu.
Therefore to delete, you need to press ALT E to activate the Edit menu and
then just the D key to select Delete.

"KRK" wrote:

Hello, I have Excel 2007

If I want to delete a row I can select the row, right-click, then select
Delete from the drop-down menu. No problem.

I notice that the Delete option has the D underscored. This suggests that
Alt+D should be a keyboard shortcut, but it doesn't work. What does the
underscored D mean ?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Just in case you don't follow Bob's notation - the shortcut key is Ctrl + -
(Ctrl and the Minus key)

And to add a little value to this comment, the shortcut key for inserting is
Ctrl++ (Ctrl and the + key which require Shift if you are using the top row,
but no shift key if you are using the number keypad)

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire