Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default shortcuts

I heard that "Alt" + "+(=)" is shortcut for Autosum.
But by some reason, this shortcut is not working on my Excel.
Do I have to do anything else?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What happens when you hit those keys?

What version of excel are you using?

Are you in a locked cell on a protected worksheet?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. I use Excel 2003
2. When I those keys, nothing happens. When I type something, I see double
space between the letters.
3. It is not protected sheet.
Thank you.

HISNA wrote:

I heard that "Alt" + "+(=)" is shortcut for Autosum.
But by some reason, this shortcut is not working on my Excel.
Do I have to do anything else?
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you use one of those fancy, smancy keyboards that can be programmed to do
weird things?

(or even a laptop?)

I don't have any other guesses. I've never seen anything like this.

HISNA wrote:

I heard that "Alt" + "+(=)" is shortcut for Autosum.
But by some reason, this shortcut is not working on my Excel.
Do I have to do anything else?
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is happening or not happening when you try the ALT + = after selecting a
range of cells?

Nothing? Something you don't like? Doesn't SUM the range?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:32:01 -0700, HISNA
wrote:

I heard that "Alt" + "+(=)" is shortcut for Autosum.
But by some reason, this shortcut is not working on my Excel.
Do I have to do anything else?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Smancy? <g
Do other shortcuts work? For example, if you hold the Ctrl key, and
press the c key, is the active cell copied?

HISNA wrote:

I heard that "Alt" + "+(=)" is shortcut for Autosum.
But by some reason, this shortcut is not working on my Excel.
Do I have to do anything else?
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson