Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dennis dennis is offline

Default keyboards shortcuts

The underscore means a hotkey or in other words, the letter that is pressed
to activate that option but ONLY when that menu is active. In this case the
Edit menu.
Therefore to delete, you need to press ALT E to activate the Edit menu and
then just the D key to select Delete.

"KRK" wrote:

Hello, I have Excel 2007

If I want to delete a row I can select the row, right-click, then select
Delete from the drop-down menu. No problem.

I notice that the Delete option has the D underscored. This suggests that
Alt+D should be a keyboard shortcut, but it doesn't work. What does the
underscored D mean ?

Thanks