Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Keyboards Shortcuts in Excel 2002 Failing to Work

For years I have used the Alt "E" and "C" to perform the Edit/Copy function.
All of a sudden Alt "E" takes me to the edit on the toolbar, but will not
allow the "C". If I try to use Alt "E" and "T" to cut, I go to the Tool tab
on the bar. Does anyone know what has caused this to happen or is it buried
in an update from Microsoft?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I bet you changed your toolbar--or you showed another toolbar.

When there are two (or more) icons that share the same accelerator keystroke
(like alt-e), then you'll toggle between those multiple icons.

If your eyes are really good, you can watch the toolbars and hit alt-e to see
which icons are selected.

After you determine the other icon, you can close the toolbar(s) with the other
icon, remove that icon (if you never want to use it, or remove the accelerator
key for that icon (if you don't want to use the accelerator key for that icon).

If your eyes aren't too good <vbg, you can hit alt-e followed by enter. This
will stop on one of the icons. Then hit enter. Either another menu will appear
or you'll see a dialog.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hmmm.

If your eyes aren't too good <vbg, you can hit alt-e followed by enter. This
will stop on one of the icons and then hitting enter will cause another menu to
appear or a dialog to appear.

Tapioca wrote:

For years I have used the Alt "E" and "C" to perform the Edit/Copy function.
All of a sudden Alt "E" takes me to the edit on the toolbar, but will not
allow the "C". If I try to use Alt "E" and "T" to cut, I go to the Tool tab
on the bar. Does anyone know what has caused this to happen or is it buried
in an update from Microsoft?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tapioca,

You might want to use the more standard shortcuts. Ctrl-x for cut, Ctrl-c for copy, and
Ctrl-v for paste. They're supported by pretty much all programs.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"Tapioca" wrote in message
For years I have used the Alt "E" and "C" to perform the Edit/Copy function.
All of a sudden Alt "E" takes me to the edit on the toolbar, but will not
allow the "C". If I try to use Alt "E" and "T" to cut, I go to the Tool tab
on the bar. Does anyone know what has caused this to happen or is it buried
in an update from Microsoft?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It took me a couple read to understand but Thank you, thank you. I had
recently put the replace icon up on my tool bar cause I was working in
something I was using often. Sure enough, both replace and edit use the "E"
key. I took the replace key off the toolbar and now I can Alt "E" and C to
my hearts content.
Thanks much.
Tapioca

Hmmm.