Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Difference between an excel worksheet and XLXS file

I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I
using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS file. For the
correctons of this file I send to my friend,by using a flash disk. My friend
is using Office2003. My file is not oppen on my friend's computer.Why?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Martin" wrote in message
I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I
using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS file. For
the
correctons of this file I send to my friend,by using a flash disk. My
friend
is using Office2003. My file is not oppen on my friend's computer.Why?

..xlsx (you misread the extension!) is the new Office 2007 format. You have
two options - either do a "Save As" and save it as an Excel 97-2003 format,
or get your friend to download and install the Compatibility pack for office
2007

HTH