Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Xlxs Conversion To DB3

Is there a way to convert Excel 2007 to DB2/3 formats. Excel 2007 will not do this,
but some analytical software will only read DB formats.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi John

If you have XL2003 still available to you, save the file as a 97-2003
compatible .xls, then load in XL2003 and save as DB format.
Other than that, I believe Access 2007 can still write DB formats, so
maybe you could export to Access first.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Saxman" wrote in message
Is there a way to convert Excel 2007 to DB2/3 formats. Excel 2007
will not do this,
but some analytical software will only read DB formats.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We have seen other's with this same need. You are correct - the export to
DB2/3 format has been removed from Excel 2007. The only workaround I've seen
for this at this time presumes you have some version of Microsoft Access
available (or an earlier version of Excel available somewhere). You can
import the worksheet data into Access and from it you can export to the
needed format.

"Saxman" wrote:

Is there a way to convert Excel 2007 to DB2/3 formats. Excel 2007 will not do this,
but some analytical software will only read DB formats.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Roger Govier wrote:

If you have XL2003 still available to you, save the file as a 97-2003 compatible
.xls, then load in XL2003 and save as DB format. Other than that, I believe
Access 2007 can still write DB formats, so maybe you could export to Access first.

I found that installing an earlier version of Excel was the best solution.

Somebody will have to create an add-on now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I saw you own post on this subject. Good to know what your solution was. In
some cases it may be the only solution open to some users: those without
Access 2007 on their system for whatever reason.

Did you run into any problems when you installed the older version? I
presume it was installed on the same system with Office/Excel 2007. Often
there are problems when you install an older version of an application on a
system that has a later version of it - the older version doesn't know
anything about the newer one and so sometimes really futzes things up.

"Saxman" wrote:

Roger Govier wrote:

If you have XL2003 still available to you, save the file as a 97-2003 compatible
.xls, then load in XL2003 and save as DB format. Other than that, I believe
Access 2007 can still write DB formats, so maybe you could export to Access first.

I found that installing an earlier version of Excel was the best solution.

Somebody will have to create an add-on now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JLatham wrote:

I saw you own post on this subject. Good to know what your solution was. In
some cases it may be the only solution open to some users: those without
Access 2007 on their system for whatever reason.

Did you run into any problems when you installed the older version? I
presume it was installed on the same system with Office/Excel 2007. Often
there are problems when you install an older version of an application on a
system that has a later version of it - the older version doesn't know
anything about the newer one and so sometimes really futzes things up

No installation problems at all on the same system.