Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default comparing worksheet and Marking the difference

I have a report I exported out of an accounting program into excel for 2
different companies, (old company and original company. I am rebuilding one
company by exporting data from the original company and importing into the
new company. I would like to compare the report and find the missing
information that might not have gotten imported into the new company or
duplicated information that might have been imported twice without having to
set down and check off all entries. I have to do this for a whole year and
their are many entries. Then I can take the difference and import the
missing and delete the duplicate information from the new company. In the
end I should have identical information in both company. I am doing a cash
receipts report. I can send the Excel files, as an example, but right now I
don't see a way to upload them and attach them to this message. They are
virus free. Just reformatted this whole hard drive for anybody concern.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try using vlookup to find the missing items you need to make unqiue keys if
the ones with a n/a.

If there are too many transactions may need to use Access. or work on months
at a time.

If you like send me at his remove .cutthis
and I will have a look.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand