Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how to get a percentage total in excel chart

I am making a sheet on my real estate sales. I want to take the amount in
column 5 (sold price) and have my commission amount show up in column 8. the
formula is example $179900 x 62% - 6.2% = my commission. How do I do this
and what box do I do it in. I want each row to have its own total and at
bottom of page have a sum total. I do not what a ruynning total in column 8.
I am so new at this I am totally lost. I bought Microsoft 2007 Pro so I
want to use it. thanks for help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Roberta J Smith" wrote in message
I am making a sheet on my real estate sales. I want to take the amount in
column 5 (sold price) and have my commission amount show up in column 8.
the
formula is example $179900 x 62% - 6.2% = my commission. How do I do this
and what box do I do it in. I want each row to have its own total and at
bottom of page have a sum total. I do not what a ruynning total in column
8.
I am so new at this I am totally lost. I bought Microsoft 2007 Pro so I
want to use it. thanks for help!!

May I suggest that if you really are that clueless about spreadsheets then
you toddle off to your local bookstore and buy and read Excel for Dummies.
Alternatively, you could use the on-line tutorials that MS provide...
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...479681033.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Roberta:
These are mostly geared to 2000 and 2003, but they're basic and may get you
started.
The first link is probably the best . . .
http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/

http://people.stfx.ca/rjmackin/info130/excel1.htm

http://www.utexas.edu/its/training/h...TOPIA_ExcelGS/

HTH