Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Total Revenue Percentage

Hi, I need help please,

I have the following data:
A B
Month's Net Income $
Month's Total Expense 00
Total Revenue $
Percent Revenue

I would like to have my Percent Revenue % (B4) as result of my Income and
Expense. Also, I would like to have the percent (B4) showing negative percent
result as need it.

For instance, lets make a example, if I earn 50 dollars in my Income (B1) ,
but I spent 100 in (B2) I would like Percent Revenue (B4) show me -100%
otherwise, if I earn 100 and spent 50 it would show me %50

Please help me

Would anyone guide me please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Willing to learn" wrote:
I have the following data:
A B
Month's Net Income $
Month's Total Expense 00
Total Revenue $
Percent Revenue

I would like to have my Percent Revenue % (B4) as result of my Income
[....]
For instance, lets make a example, if I earn 50 dollars in my Income (B1) ,
but I spent 100 in (B2) I would like Percent Revenue (B4) show me -100%
otherwise, if I earn 100 and spent 50 it would show me %50

Try this:

B3: =B1-B2

B4: =B3/B1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

format cell B4 as %

"Willing to learn" wrote:

hi joe,
that did not give me percent.

" wrote:

"Willing to learn" wrote:
I have the following data:
A B
Month's Net Income $
Month's Total Expense 00
Total Revenue $
Percent Revenue

I would like to have my Percent Revenue % (B4) as result of my Income
[....]
For instance, lets make a example, if I earn 50 dollars in my Income (B1) ,
but I spent 100 in (B2) I would like Percent Revenue (B4) show me -100%
otherwise, if I earn 100 and spent 50 it would show me %50

Try this:

B3: =B1-B2

B4: =B3/B1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Willing to learn" wrote:
Try this:
B3: =B1-B2
B4: =B3/B1

that did not give me percent.

I presume what you mean is: it did __appear__ as a percentage.

Right-click cell B4, click on Format Cells, click on Number, click
Percentage, select a desired number of decimal places, and click on OK.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Errata....

I wrote:
I presume what you mean is: it did __appear__ as a percentage.

I meant: I presume what you mean is: it did *not* __appear__ as a
percentage.

Arrgghh! I need to a "spell" check tool that identifies missing "not's" ;-).