jakeyboy

Default Showing the percentage of a total in Excel

I would like to add a percentage to a figure but wish to show the amount
added rather than the total.

For example:
$1000.00 + 25% = $250.00

At the moment I can only get the formula to show:
$1000.00 + 25% = $1250.00

Any help would be much appreciated!
Anne Troy

So, how about =A1*.25?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"jakeyboy" wrote in message
I would like to add a percentage to a figure but wish to show the amount
added rather than the total.

For example:
$1000.00 + 25% = $250.00

At the moment I can only get the formula to show:
$1000.00 + 25% = $1250.00

Any help would be much appreciated!

jakeyboy

Thanks for your reply Anne but I forgot to mention that the percentage will
constantly differ.

I currently have the formula
=A2*(1+B2)
Increase number in cell A2 by the percent in B2

The figure in B2 will be entered manually, on one occasion it could be 25%
on another it could be 9%

The above formula shows the total amount once the percentage has been added
to the number. I would like to show the amount added rather than the total.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

So, how about =A1*.25?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"jakeyboy" wrote in message
I would like to add a percentage to a figure but wish to show the amount
added rather than the total.

For example:
$1000.00 + 25% = $250.00

At the moment I can only get the formula to show:
$1000.00 + 25% = $1250.00

Any help would be much appreciated!

Anne Troy

Just take the 1+ out of there.
=A2*B2
:)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"jakeyboy" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply Anne but I forgot to mention that the percentage

will
constantly differ.

I currently have the formula
=A2*(1+B2)
Increase number in cell A2 by the percent in B2

The figure in B2 will be entered manually, on one occasion it could be 25%
on another it could be 9%

The above formula shows the total amount once the percentage has been

added
to the number. I would like to show the amount added rather than the

total.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

So, how about =A1*.25?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"jakeyboy" wrote in message
I would like to add a percentage to a figure but wish to show the

amount
added rather than the total.

For example:
$1000.00 + 25% = $250.00

At the moment I can only get the formula to show:
$1000.00 + 25% = $1250.00

Any help would be much appreciated!

jakeyboy

Thats the one! Thank you very much for your help Anne.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Just take the 1+ out of there.
=A2*B2
:)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"jakeyboy" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply Anne but I forgot to mention that the percentage

will
constantly differ.

I currently have the formula
=A2*(1+B2)
Increase number in cell A2 by the percent in B2

The figure in B2 will be entered manually, on one occasion it could be 25%
on another it could be 9%

The above formula shows the total amount once the percentage has been

added
to the number. I would like to show the amount added rather than the

total.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

So, how about =A1*.25?
~Anne Troy