Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do i make certain words automatically bold themselves.

I need certain words in my scedules to be bold. I dont want to have to go
through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to
have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste this. I commented out other
examples

If Target.Column < 2 Then Exit Sub

'Target.Offset(, -1) = Target.Row
'If Target 4 Then Target.Borders.Weight = xlThick
''If Target = "jj" Then Target.Font.Bold = True

Select Case Target
Case "jj", "kk", "ll" : Target.Font.Bold = True
End Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"INFO@Skyline" wrote in message
I need certain words in my scedules to be bold. I dont want to have to go
through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to
have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are these words by themselves in a cell or part of other text in a cell?

Which words do you want bolded?

Are they located in any particular range?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:10:02 -0800, INFO@Skyline
wrote:

I need certain words in my scedules to be bold. I dont want to have to go
through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to
have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gordon,

for example:

Stainless Steel Wall Mounted Handrail at Auditorium

all of the above is in a single cell together. only stainless steel would
need to be in bold. they are in column B which is labeled description with
no codes.