Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How do i make certain words automatically bold themselves.

to do all in selection

Sub bsw()
myword = "bbb"
For Each c In Selection
fc = InStr(c, myword)
MsgBox fc
lc = Len(myword)
MsgBox lc
If fc 0 Then c.Characters(fc, lc).Font.Bold = True
Next

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"INFO@Skyline" wrote in message
Gordon,

for example:

Stainless Steel Wall Mounted Handrail at Auditorium

all of the above is in a single cell together. only stainless steel would
need to be in bold. they are in column B which is labeled description
with
no codes.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Are these words by themselves in a cell or part of other text in a cell?

Which words do you want bolded?

Are they located in any particular range?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:10:02 -0800, INFO@Skyline
wrote:

I need certain words in my scedules to be bold. I dont want to have to
go
through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like
have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
Please help.