holmeshouse

Default Can I make the number in one cell automatically appear elsewhere?

If I enter a number in one cell in my workbook, I would like it to
automatically appear in several other cells. The 'destination' or 'target'
cells cannot have any formula in them.
I need to be able to enter any number in the original cell and can use
additional cells for formulas.
IE. If I key in the number 7 in cell A1, I would like that number (not a
formula) to appear in cells C5, B8, D11, etc.
Sorry, this sounds like a stupid request, but is it possible to do this?
Duke Carey

Not without writing VBA code.

Why must you avoid using formulas?

If you must use VBA, you'll need to use a worksheet_change event, check that
the change occurs in a cell that matters, and then put the value from that
cell into the other cells where you need/want it.

"holmeshouse" wrote:

If I enter a number in one cell in my workbook, I would like it to
automatically appear in several other cells. The 'destination' or 'target'
cells cannot have any formula in them.
I need to be able to enter any number in the original cell and can use
additional cells for formulas.
IE. If I key in the number 7 in cell A1, I would like that number (not a
formula) to appear in cells C5, B8, D11, etc.
Sorry, this sounds like a stupid request, but is it possible to do this?

holmeshouse

The destination cells need to be empty because users also have to be able to
insert their own numbers if the automatic number is not there. These numbers
are used for a fairly complicated calculation, and the reason for wanting a
'shortcut' is that many of the numbers will be the same but there is no
pattern to this.

As a self taught user, VBA code soundsbeyond my capabilities in this
lifetime :-)

But thanks for taking the trouble. I'll see if there is another way around
this problem - maybe longer but to the same end.