Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default keystroke to go to first worksheet cell from anywhere in notebook

Looking for a shortcut keystroke that would place me back to the A1 cell of
the 1st worksheet from anywhere in the notebook. I know that I can get to
that point by using "control+page up". Quatro Pro spoiled me by letting me
use "Control+Home"

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think there's a shortcut key combination to do that. You can use
[Ctrl]+[PageUp] to move to the previous page to the left in a book. Repeat
to move through all pages until you get to the first one.

You can use the Excel Help feature, topic Excel shortcut and function keys
to get a complete listing of the documented shortcuts. I didn't see what you
are asking for in it, but may have missed it.

"sheepranch" wrote:

Looking for a shortcut keystroke that would place me back to the A1 cell of
the 1st worksheet from anywhere in the notebook. I know that I can get to
that point by using "control+page up". Quatro Pro spoiled me by letting me
use "Control+Home"

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to create a shortcut to go to A1 in your first worksheet why
dont you just record a macro with a shortcut key assigned to it and
select your first worksheet and select cell A1?

The macro would end up looking something like this :

Sub gohome()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("A1").Select

Steel Monkey
Steel Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29051
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559114

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is not keystrokes, but,
FWIW
Create a named range!

Click in Sheet1 A1,
Click in name box,
Type in something short, like
top
Hit <Enter

Now, from *any* sheet, click in the name box and click on "top",
And you're there!

RD

"sheepranch" wrote in message
Looking for a shortcut keystroke that would place me back to the A1 cell
of
the 1st worksheet from anywhere in the notebook. I know that I can get to
that point by using "control+page up". Quatro Pro spoiled me by letting me
use "Control+Home"

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default keystroke to go to first worksheet cell from anywhere in noteb

Thanks for the info. I figured that out. I was hoping that there was a less
cumbersome way of getting back to worksheet 1, A1

"sheepranch" wrote:

Looking for a shortcut keystroke that would place me back to the A1 cell of
the 1st worksheet from anywhere in the notebook. I know that I can get to
that point by using "control+page up". Quatro Pro spoiled me by letting me
use "Control+Home"

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. I'll try making a macro...never done that before. Would your
suggested macro be a "generic" macro for any notebook I was in or would I
have to make a macro for each separate notebook?

"Steel Monkey" wrote:

If you want to create a shortcut to go to A1 in your first worksheet why
dont you just record a macro with a shortcut key assigned to it and
select your first worksheet and select cell A1?

The macro would end up looking something like this :

Sub gohome()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("A1").Select

Steel Monkey
Steel Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29051
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559114

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The proper term for an Excel file is Workbook, not notebook.

If you want a macro to be available for all open workbooks, record it to your
Personal Macro Workbook.

ToolsMacroRecord New Macro. In the dialog that opens, select Person Macro
Workbook from the "store macro in" drop-down.

This workbook is named Personal.xls and is created automatically and stored by
Excel in your XLSTART folder.

This file will open up whenever you start a session of Excel.

When it opens, you can click on WindwHide and hide it.

Save it when asked and it will open hidden from then on.

For more on Personal.xls see Help on that subject.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP