Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sheepranch sheepranch is offline

Default keystroke to go to first worksheet cell from anywhere in noteb

Thanks for the info. I'll try it.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The proper term for an Excel file is Workbook, not notebook.

If you want a macro to be available for all open workbooks, record it to your
Personal Macro Workbook.

ToolsMacroRecord New Macro. In the dialog that opens, select Person Macro
Workbook from the "store macro in" drop-down.

This workbook is named Personal.xls and is created automatically and stored by
Excel in your XLSTART folder.

This file will open up whenever you start a session of Excel.

When it opens, you can click on WindwHide and hide it.

Save it when asked and it will open hidden from then on.

For more on Personal.xls see Help on that subject.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:50:01 -0700, sheepranch
wrote:

Thanks. I'll try making a macro...never done that before. Would your
suggested macro be a "generic" macro for any notebook I was in or would I
have to make a macro for each separate notebook?

"Steel Monkey" wrote:

If you want to create a shortcut to go to A1 in your first worksheet why
dont you just record a macro with a shortcut key assigned to it and
select your first worksheet and select cell A1?

The macro would end up looking something like this :

Sub gohome()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("A1").Select

Steel Monkey