Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
VegasBurger

Default Protect my formulas!

Ok, I am so close to this worksheet being done. Thank you everyone for your
help and finally one last question, I hope :)

I have everything working the way I want it to work, now I want to protect
my workbook from the people who might use it deleting the funtions/formulas
from the cells. How can I do this and still allow them to use the worksheets?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

By default, all cells are locked, so when you protect the
worksheet, no cell can be changed. You can select all the cells
with CTRL+A (more than once, depending on your Excel version).
Then change the Locked property to false by unchecking the Locked
box on the format cells dialog. This will unlock all cells. Then
press F5 to bring up the GOTO dialog, click Special and check the
Formulas box. This will select all cells with formulas. Now go
back to the Cell Formatting dialog and click the Locked and
Hidden properties.

"VegasBurger" wrote in
message
Ok, I am so close to this worksheet being done. Thank you
everyone for your
help and finally one last question, I hope :)

I have everything working the way I want it to work, now I want
to protect
my workbook from the people who might use it deleting the
funtions/formulas
from the cells. How can I do this and still allow them to use
the worksheets?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Vegas --

It's a two-step process, which you start in ToolsProtection. First you
'Allow Users to Edit Ranges', in which you select specific cells that users
will be able to manipulate after you lock things down. then you 'Protect
Sheet', creating the password you'll need to get back in later.

HTH

"VegasBurger" wrote:

Ok, I am so close to this worksheet being done. Thank you everyone for your
help and finally one last question, I hope :)

I have everything working the way I want it to work, now I want to protect
my workbook from the people who might use it deleting the funtions/formulas
from the cells. How can I do this and still allow them to use the worksheets?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi Vegas,

1st - Format | Cell | Protect | un block (the default all cells are blocked)
for all cells that the final users will edit.

2nd - Tools | Protect

hope this helps
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"VegasBurger" escreveu:

Ok, I am so close to this worksheet being done. Thank you everyone for your
help and finally one last question, I hope :)

I have everything working the way I want it to work, now I want to protect
my workbook from the people who might use it deleting the funtions/formulas
from the cells. How can I do this and still allow them to use the worksheets?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected.

Hit CRTL + A(twice if xl2003) then FormatCellsProtection. Uncheck "locked"
and OK.

Select the cells you wish to lock and FormatCellsProtection. Check "locked"
and OK.

Now ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet. This is mandatory!!

You can set a password to unprotect. These can easily be broken in Excel but
will keep your formulas from being accidentally overwritten.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:00:02 -0700, VegasBurger
wrote:

Ok, I am so close to this worksheet being done. Thank you everyone for your
help and finally one last question, I hope :)

I have everything working the way I want it to work, now I want to protect
my workbook from the people who might use it deleting the funtions/formulas
from the cells. How can I do this and still allow them to use the worksheets?

Thanks!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP