Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RDFr

Default How do I Find links in worksheets - not in any formula

When I open the Excel 2000 file, I am asked about links I no longer want. I
have tried to find these references in the worksheets so I can delete them
but have not been successful..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

There are tools you can install, but try this first:

Select an empty section of a worksheet
InsertNamesPastePaste List
Then check the references for each name to see if it points to another
workbook.

If you want to change a reference or delete a name:
InsertNamesDefine
Select the name
then either delete it or change the reference.

If you don't see any linked workbooks...Repeat the paste list on each sheet
to discover if there are any sheet-level names that are a problem.

If that doesn't work...post back.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"RDFr" wrote:

When I open the Excel 2000 file, I am asked about links I no longer want. I
have tried to find these references in the worksheets so I can delete them
but have not been successful..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William Horton

You can try the Excel menu path Edit / Go To and then choose the Special
option at the bottom left of the dialogue box. Then choose the Formulas
option and click okay. All the cells that contain formula's will be selected
(on active worksheet). You can use your tab key to go through each cell and
view the formula bar for a link to another document. It's not the best way
but the only way I know how. Hopefully your file doesn't have too many
worksheets and/or formulas to go through.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Bill Horton