Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default How do I Find links in worksheets - not in any formula

There are tools you can install, but try this first:

Select an empty section of a worksheet
InsertNamesPastePaste List
Then check the references for each name to see if it points to another
workbook.

If you want to change a reference or delete a name:
InsertNamesDefine
Select the name
then either delete it or change the reference.

If you don't see any linked workbooks...Repeat the paste list on each sheet
to discover if there are any sheet-level names that are a problem.

If that doesn't work...post back.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

"RDFr" wrote:

When I open the Excel 2000 file, I am asked about links I no longer want. I
have tried to find these references in the worksheets so I can delete them
but have not been successful..