heatmiserkmp

Default update multiple worksheet in single book

Not a power user of Excel. Question:

I have a spreadsheet that another person gave me. It has multple
columns. (user id, user name, menu, security, location,etc) They want
me to add 2 new columns (manager and delete). I have to update this
worksheet with manager names. They want me to create a second
spreadsheet with the same info, but sort it by manager as opposed by
user id. They want the second new worksheet to be updated
automatically when the first spreadsheet is edited.

I tried making a copy of the first worksheet, both worksheets will
update the same info if a select both (as a group), but if I try to
sort the second sheet, of course it will not be the same.

Any hints on how to do this?

Thank You
kim

--
heatmiserkmp
heatmiserkmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28463

Bruno Campanini

"heatmiserkmp"
wrote in message
news:heatmiserkmp.1xsbmi_1130792743.3432@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Not a power user of Excel. Question:

I have a spreadsheet that another person gave me. It has multple
columns. (user id, user name, menu, security, location,etc) They want
me to add 2 new columns (manager and delete). I have to update this
worksheet with manager names. They want me to create a second
spreadsheet with the same info, but sort it by manager as opposed by
user id. They want the second new worksheet to be updated
automatically when the first spreadsheet is edited.

I tried making a copy of the first worksheet, both worksheets will
update the same info if a select both (as a group), but if I try to
sort the second sheet, of course it will not be the same.

Any hints on how to do this?

Thank You
kim

Do you want a VBA routine to:
1 - copy a Table from Sheet1 to Sheet2
2 - sort Table in Sheet2 by Manager
3 - sort Table in Sheet1 by UserID

???

Ciao
Bruno

heatmiserkmp

I guess a routine to

2 - sort Table in Sheet2 by Manager

So if I copy table 1 to table 2 and update table 1, it will auto update
table 2 and sort table 2 by Manager (table 1 is already sorted/created
by user id).

I have hardly use excel.

Thank You

Kim

--
heatmiserkmp
heatmiserkmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28463
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480699

Bruno Campanini

"heatmiserkmp"
wrote in message
news:heatmiserkmp.1xsv2c_1130817909.1755@excelforu m-nospam.com...

I guess a routine to

2 - sort Table in Sheet2 by Manager

So if I copy table 1 to table 2 and update table 1, it will auto update
table 2 and sort table 2 by Manager (table 1 is already sorted/created
by user id).

Sorry, it's not clear to me what you exactly wish.
If simply a code to sort a range here it is:

[A25:H125].Sort _
Key1:=[L25], _
Order1:=xlDescending, _
Orientation:=xlSortColumns, _
MatchCase:=True, _
Header:=xlNo

where [A25:H125] is your Table 2, where Manager are in
column "L".

This works if you have Table 1 hard-copied to Table 2.
If you have Table 2 linked as an array to Table 1, then
you can neither order it or change any single part of it

Let me know how things are going on.
Ciao
Bruno

heatmiserkmp

I dont think it is clear what I want either.

Sheet 1, sheet 2 - I can copy them so they are the same and use your
formula to sort sheet 2 into manager.

The person who wants me to do this-wants me to remove some lines from
sheet 2.

I am not much of an excel user, never have been. I dont normally work
with spread sheets-this is kind of a special project.

The guy who wants me to do this, wants me to figure out how to get
sheet 2 to update when I (or he) updates sheet 1, but he wants me to
sort sheet 2 by manager, and he also wants sheet 2 to not include
deletes ( by deletes he wants the manager list to "not include" user
ids that have been deleted (denoted by a column that has an x in it
(sheet 1) that means that line or user id has been deleted).

Am I asking too much?

(in my brain I can not get around how to update one sheet and get the
other one to make the change if they are sorted differently)

confused?

Yes

Thank You
Kim

--
heatmiserkmp
heatmiserkmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28463
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480699

Bruno Campanini

"heatmiserkmp" wrote in message news:heatmiserkmp.1xu3r9_1130875873.0822@excelforu m-nospam.com...

[...]
The guy who wants me to do this, wants me to figure out how to get
sheet 2 to update when I (or he) updates sheet 1, but he wants me to
sort sheet 2 by manager, and he also wants sheet 2 to not include
deletes ( by deletes he wants the manager list to "not include" user
ids that have been deleted (denoted by a column that has an x in it
(sheet 1) that means that line or user id has been deleted).

Am I asking too much?

Not too much.
But I am still not sure about what you want.

Given Table 1 you want a procedure to come to Table 2
whenever you push a button:

Table 1
UserID UserName OtherFields Deleted Manager
12345 AAA X1X2X3 M6
71236 BBB C1C2C3 TRUE M3
11718 CCC D1D2D3 M4
74136 DDD F1F2F3 TRUE M2

Table 2
UserID UserName OtherFields Manager
11718 CCC D1D2D3 M4
12345 AAA X1X2X3 M6

Is it correct?

Bruno
heatmiserkmp

I want to make changes on sheet 1, including an x on some rows that is
named Delete.

I want to generate sheet 2 based on changes made on sheet 1, to
generate a second table minus the delete column and sorted by manager.

How do I send you a sample?

Thank You

Kim

--