Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Show latest date

So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers
Row A is dates (365 of them)
Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.
Junior Member

Did you try doing a sort of the three columns..sort 1 would be Customers (alphabetically) sort 2 would be Date (Newest to Oldest)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup Returning Zero For Every Cell

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:12:21 AM UTC-5, Clorber wrote:
I am looking up and Employee ID to vlookup an amount specific to the

employee ID. When I do a simple (if(isna(vlookup(a2,'Previous

NPTO'!A:B,2,false)),"",(vlookup(a2,'Previous NPTO'!,A:B,2,false))) it is

pulling ALL zeros and not the correct number associated with the

employee ID. This is driving me crazy, and probably has the MOST simple

solution.

I have already made sure they are all numbers and not text, and there

are no merged cells, and there are no spaces in the columns preceding

the data.

PLEASE HELP!

--

Clorber

Send this msg and your file to dguillett1 @gmail.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:29:48 AM UTC-5, McClellan wrote:
So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers

Row A is dates (365 of them)

Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.

Hard to see your layout. provide a file
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 20:38:01 +0000, Spencer101
wrote:

Clorber;1606074 Wrote:
I am looking up and Employee ID to vlookup an amount specific to the
employee ID. When I do a simple (if(isna(vlookup(a2,'Previous
NPTO'!A:B,2,false)),"",(vlookup(a2,'Previous NPTO'!,A:B,2,false))) it is
pulling ALL zeros and not the correct number associated with the
employee ID. This is driving me crazy, and probably has the MOST simple
solution.

I have already made sure they are all numbers and not text, and there
are no merged cells, and there are no spaces in the columns preceding
the data.

PLEASE HELP!

Could you post an example worksheet with dummy data?

The cell type of the source data should be set to general.

If it was different, you may have to re-enter those values if it was
other than general.

The blank cell handling between 2k3 and 2k7 and up versions of office
is different as well. Make sure you are familiar with what elements you
do need and which you do not to insure your handling choices work.

You may also have added a column, shifting the lookup range number.

When you click on the little formula button next to the formula text
field, the formula dialog should pop up and show you just what each step
in the lookup resolves to. That should show you where the fail is
occurring at.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:49:50 PM UTC-4, Don Guillett wrote:
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:29:48 AM UTC-5, McClellan wrote:

So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers

Row A is dates (365 of them)

Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.

Hard to see your layout. provide a file

Ok. How do I attach a file?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:29:48 AM UTC-5, McClellan wrote:
So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers

Row A is dates (365 of them)

Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.

=IF(G5="","",INDEX($M$4:$S$4,1,MATCH("zzzzzz",M5:S 5)))
=IF(ISNA(MATCH("zzzz",M5:S5)),"",PROPER(INDEX($M5: $S5,1,MATCH("zzzz",$M5:$S5))))