Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Show latest date

So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers
Row A is dates (365 of them)
Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.
Junior Member

Did you try doing a sort of the three columns..sort 1 would be Customers (alphabetically) sort 2 would be Date (Newest to Oldest)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup Returning Zero For Every Cell

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:12:21 AM UTC-5, Clorber wrote:
I am looking up and Employee ID to vlookup an amount specific to the

employee ID. When I do a simple (if(isna(vlookup(a2,'Previous

NPTO'!A:B,2,false)),"",(vlookup(a2,'Previous NPTO'!,A:B,2,false))) it is

pulling ALL zeros and not the correct number associated with the

employee ID. This is driving me crazy, and probably has the MOST simple

solution.

I have already made sure they are all numbers and not text, and there

are no merged cells, and there are no spaces in the columns preceding

the data.

PLEASE HELP!

--

Clorber

Send this msg and your file to dguillett1 @gmail.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:29:48 AM UTC-5, McClellan wrote:
So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers

Row A is dates (365 of them)

Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.

Hard to see your layout. provide a file
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:49:50 PM UTC-4, Don Guillett wrote:
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:29:48 AM UTC-5, McClellan wrote:

So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers

Row A is dates (365 of them)

Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.

Hard to see your layout. provide a file

Ok. How do I attach a file?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:29:48 AM UTC-5, McClellan wrote:
So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers

Row A is dates (365 of them)

Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.

=IF(G5="","",INDEX($M$4:$S$4,1,MATCH("zzzzzz",M5:S 5)))
=IF(ISNA(MATCH("zzzz",M5:S5)),"",PROPER(INDEX($M5: $S5,1,MATCH("zzzz",$M5:$S5))))