Mark

Default Move a Column of 500 Email Addresses into BCC Field of an Email

I want to take a column of email addresses on a spreadsheet and make them
available as recipients of a mass email I am planning. Is there any way to
do this importing to my Outlook Contact, then creating a Group List. I don't
want these 500 as a permanent addition to my Contacts. Just want them for
the mass email.
Anne Troy

Here's how I'd do it, Mark. Copy the column, paste into Word. Do a
Table--Convert--Table to text and choose a ; (semicolon) as the delimiter.
:)
Copy the text you get and paste into your BCC.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mark" wrote in message
I want to take a column of email addresses on a spreadsheet and make them
available as recipients of a mass email I am planning. Is there any way

do this importing to my Outlook Contact, then creating a Group List. I

don't
want these 500 as a permanent addition to my Contacts. Just want them for
the mass email.

KipNowlin

Mark,

Anne has a great solution. You can also leave them in Excel and create a
Word Merge in Word and select "E-mail Messages". This lets you create a
standard message for all recipients, and if you choose, you can personalize
each one. Any of the columns in your spreadsheet can also be merge fields.

Kip
Mark

Kip -
I tried Anne's solution but, after I highlighted all the email addresses in
Word, my only option was Table, Convert, Text to Table. Table to Text is
dimmed.
I actually prefer your solution because I would indeed like to personalize
each one at least with a changing name at beginning of body of each email, if
it can be done easily. Can you explain how I leave them in Excel and create
the word merge you mention?

"KipNowlin" wrote:

Mark,

Anne has a great solution. You can also leave them in Excel and create a
Word Merge in Word and select "E-mail Messages". This lets you create a
standard message for all recipients, and if you choose, you can personalize
each one. Any of the columns in your spreadsheet can also be merge fields.

Kip

Anne Troy

Hi, Mark. You didn't need to "highlight all the email addresses". Just click
anywhere inside the table. Anyway, if you want to mail merge, see if this
article helps:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"KipNowlin" wrote:

Mark,

Anne has a great solution. You can also leave them in Excel and create

Word Merge in Word and select "E-mail Messages". This lets you create a
standard message for all recipients, and if you choose, you can

personalize
each one. Any of the columns in your spreadsheet can also be merge

fields.

Kip

KipNowlin

Mark....

Your Table to Text may have been grayed out because you had highlighted text
outside of the table. That is a common error.

The article Anne referred to is what I do. There is an incomplete sentence
in it that I didn't understand, but the gist of it is there. The only other
thing I do is to insert other merge fields from the spreadsheet. This only
refers to the address block (or the individual fields), but not other fields.
Those are important to me in most of the mass e-mailing I do.

Good Luck with this.

Kip

Anne Troy

I've updated that, Kip. Thanks for mentioning it. :)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"KipNowlin" wrote in message
Mark....

Your Table to Text may have been grayed out because you had highlighted

text
outside of the table. That is a common error.

The article Anne referred to is what I do. There is an incomplete

sentence
in it that I didn't understand, but the gist of it is there. The only

other
thing I do is to insert other merge fields from the spreadsheet. This

only
refers to the address block (or the individual fields), but not other

fields.
Those are important to me in most of the mass e-mailing I do.

Good Luck with this.

Kip

KipNowlin

Anne.....

It was well written, and now you have made it better yet.

Kip
Mark

Thanks for the input, you two. I'll give it another shot.
Mark

"KipNowlin" wrote:

Anne.....

It was well written, and now you have made it better yet.

Kip

Mark

(1) I was able to load my BCC field with the pasted Excel email addresses,
but it loads vertically in BCC, just like my Excel column, and did not
convert to the usual email field horizontally. Will these still send OK?
Also, vertical field retained spaces between some, just as my Excel list did,
because not all names from original Excel list had email addresses associated
with them. Is this a problem for the send as well?
(2) Even better, I was able get everything into Mail Merge, with a separate
document ready to send for each email addressee. To send them, I tried
File/Send to: Mail Recipient. Got this Error Message: "Word could not load
the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or
a problem with your Office Installation." I use Outlook for my Email and
have not had a problem before. So -- how do I send this great mass email now?