shiraz

Default how can I hide a column that can't be unhidden in a email

How an I hide a column so that when I email the workbook, that column cannot
be seen or unhidden by the recipient?
Andrew Edwards

shiraz wrote:
How an I hide a column so that when I email the workbook, that column cannot
be seen or unhidden by the recipient?

Assuming the column in question is column "C" in Sheet1:

1) Right Click on the Sheet1 Tab and choose "View Code"
2) Type the following:

Private Sub hideColumn()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns("C").Hidden = True
End Sub

3) Run the macro

That should do the trick.

Regards,
Andrew
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Hide the column then choose Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet and enter a
password.

HOWEVER, this protection can be bypassed in a heartbeat by anyone with
the ability to find these groups or do a Google search. If you don't
want someone to see what's in your workbook, send them a pdf.

See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

In article ,
shiraz wrote:

How an I hide a column so that when I email the workbook, that column cannot
be seen or unhidden by the recipient?

hide column but show chart Svetlana Charts and Charting in Excel 1 January 14th 05 10:49 AM
How do you sort a column of email addresses by domain name in Exc. Andy R Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 December 10th 04 10:26 PM
hide column varun New Users to Excel 1 December 3rd 04 03:13 AM
Copying the contents of a column into a chart Richard Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 16th 04 03:39 PM
How to calculate the data in excel 2002 including only the last 9. TylerMaricich Excel Worksheet Functions 6 November 8th 04 08:27 AM