Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Display an Array of Data Based on Other Data

I have a worksheet where column A is a list of names (with duplicates) &
Column B is an order number. In column C I have a list of unique names
pulled from Column A (done manually for now). In Column D I'd like to list
all order numbers from column B that correspond to a particular name in
column C.

In this example I'm trying to figure out column D based in columns A, B & C:
A B C D
Wright A-1 Beltran A-21
Pujols B-3 Jeter C-22
Jeter C-22 Pujols B-33, J-22
Wright F-38 Wright A-1, F-38
Beltran A-21
Pujols J-22

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maximum number per customer is probably 10. Also, I just got a requirement
that there may be 2 classifications of invoices. So there will be a column E
that lists some of them. I'll have to figure out how to parse them based on
cell ranges (I think).

Pete_UK wrote:
What is the maximum number of multiple-orders that you are likely to
encounter? Your example shows 2 for Pujols and Wright.

Pete

I have a worksheet where column A is a list of names (with duplicates) &
Column B is an order number. Â*In column C I have a list of unique names

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Actually, one invoice group begins with the letters G-S. The other group
begins with the letters A-F and T-W. (There are no invoices for X, Y & Z).

golddave wrote:
Maximum number per customer is probably 10. Also, I just got a requirement
that there may be 2 classifications of invoices. So there will be a column E
that lists some of them. I'll have to figure out how to parse them based on
cell ranges (I think).

What is the maximum number of multiple-orders that you are likely to
encounter? Your example shows 2 for Pujols and Wright.

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To reiterate what I'm looking to do: I'm looking for all occurrences of a
given value in column A and looking to return the contents of their
corresponding cells in column B.