Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Based on a condition in one column, search for a year in another column, and display data from another column in the same row look

Inspection Date Hot/ Cold Condition Code Comments
9/29/1989 H 0 Comment 1
11/10/1989 H 0 Comment 2
1/16/1991 H 0 Comment 3
6/21/1991 H 0 Comment 4
12/6/1991 C 0
3/18/1992 H 0
8/12/1992 H 0
3/1/1993 H 0
3/16/1993 C 0
3/23/1994 H 0
3/30/1994 C 0
4/1/1995 C 0
4/15/2003 H 0
5/6/2003 C 0
I need to search for the first year that the inspection was hot, in
this case 9/29/89 and 11/10/89, and return the condition code for the
last hot date in 89 in one cell and the comments for all hot dates in
89 in another, as i am consolidating into a table by years. This then
needs to be done again for cold. A formula using just the "next year
available" as the previous one needs to be used because i am leaving
space for additional dates to be added later.

To me, my question makes sense, to others it may not. Let me know if I
should rephrase this. Thankyou
-matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Based on a condition in one column, search for a year in another c

try Data, Filters, Autofilter

You can also use advanced filters to create separate tables

Regards
Peter