Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find criteria based data and display next to a count in another wk

I am having difficulty determining a formula. I have a worksheet with a page
of details where the first column is a data validation list. The second
worksheet is a count of each of the items in the data list. I am trying to
include a cell from the first worksheet for each instance of the resulting
count.

Example of first worksheet titled Details
Incident Category Initials ID # Date Summary description

Minimal Harm CR 10004844 4-Nov-09 Slip & fall due to weather
Serious Harm AN 90032323 3-Dec-09 Medication was incorrectly
Minimal Harm PL 49809292 5-Dec-09 Client dropped box
Minimal Harm AA 50001212 10-Dec-09 Slip & fall during exercise
No Harm CR 10004844 12-Dec-09 Behaviour outbreak

2nd Worksheet

Serious Harm 1 Medication was incorrectly
Potential Harm 0
Minimal Harm 3 Slip & fall due to weather Client dropped box Slip & fall
No Harm 1 Behavioural outbreak when

What formula do I use to copy the comments from sheet one to sheet 2. If
there are 3 counts of an item then I need comment from each of the instances.
I have the count formula already - just can't figure out how to bring the
comments over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In short there is no easy way to do that. I would be inclined to use a pivot
table. That will give you your counts along with the ability to display all
of the unique comments... If you have never used a pivot table then I can
point you at some good resources...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Blurt" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find criteria based data and display next to a count in anothe

Thanks Jim. I have never used a pivot table so your resource suggestions
would be appreciated.