-   -   Display an Array of Data Based on Other Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/242921-display-array-data-based-other-data.html)

golddave via OfficeKB.com

Display an Array of Data Based on Other Data

I have a worksheet where column A is a list of names (with duplicates) &
Column B is an order number. In column C I have a list of unique names
pulled from Column A (done manually for now). In Column D I'd like to list
all order numbers from column B that correspond to a particular name in
column C.

In this example I'm trying to figure out column D based in columns A, B & C:
A B C D
Wright A-1 Beltran A-21
Pujols B-3 Jeter C-22
Jeter C-22 Pujols B-33, J-22
Wright F-38 Wright A-1, F-38
Beltran A-21
Pujols J-22

Thanks.

Pete_UK

Display an Array of Data Based on Other Data

What is the maximum number of multiple-orders that you are likely to
encounter? Your example shows 2 for Pujols and Wright.

Pete

On Sep 17, 10:14*am, "golddave via OfficeKB.com" <u54833@uwe wrote:
I have a worksheet where column A is a list of names (with duplicates) &
Column B is an order number. *In column C I have a list of unique names
pulled from Column A (done manually for now). *In Column D I'd like to list
all order numbers from column B that correspond to a particular name in
column C.

In this example I'm trying to figure out column D based in columns A, B & C:
A * * * * * * * B * * C * * * * * *D
Wright * * * A-1 * Beltran * *A-21
Pujols * * * B-3 * *Jeter * * *C-22
Jeter * * * * C-22 *Pujols * * B-33, J-22
Wright * * *F-38 * Wright * *A-1, F-38
Beltran * * A-21
Pujols * * *J-22

Thanks.

golddave via OfficeKB.com

Display an Array of Data Based on Other Data

Maximum number per customer is probably 10. Also, I just got a requirement
that there may be 2 classifications of invoices. So there will be a column E
that lists some of them. I'll have to figure out how to parse them based on
cell ranges (I think).

Pete_UK wrote:
What is the maximum number of multiple-orders that you are likely to
encounter? Your example shows 2 for Pujols and Wright.

Pete

I have a worksheet where column A is a list of names (with duplicates) &
Column B is an order number. Â*In column C I have a list of unique names

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

golddave via OfficeKB.com

Display an Array of Data Based on Other Data

Actually, one invoice group begins with the letters G-S. The other group
begins with the letters A-F and T-W. (There are no invoices for X, Y & Z).

golddave wrote:
Maximum number per customer is probably 10. Also, I just got a requirement
that there may be 2 classifications of invoices. So there will be a column E
that lists some of them. I'll have to figure out how to parse them based on
cell ranges (I think).

What is the maximum number of multiple-orders that you are likely to
encounter? Your example shows 2 for Pujols and Wright.

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

golddave via OfficeKB.com

Display an Array of Data Based on Other Data

To reiterate what I'm looking to do: I'm looking for all occurrences of a
given value in column A and looking to return the contents of their
corresponding cells in column B.