Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default divide column b by column a

Column A contains various differnet values, each refering to the quantity of
a particular type of product in my database.

Column B contains the sum price for the quantity of products based on the
price of 1 of that type of product.

e.g. Column A: 4, Column B: 20, so there are 4 of this type of product at £5
each = 20.

I need to know how I can get excel to show me the price for a single product
for all of the rows in my database.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

4idy wrote:
Column A contains various differnet values, each refering to the quantity of
a particular type of product in my database.

Column B contains the sum price for the quantity of products based on the
price of 1 of that type of product.

e.g. Column A: 4, Column B: 20, so there are 4 of this type of product at £5
each = 20.

I need to know how I can get excel to show me the price for a single product
for all of the rows in my database.

Assuming you have headers in row 1, put the following in C2 and copy down as needed:

=B2/A2