Old November 9th 06, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default divide column(x) by column(y) to give column(x/y) in excel?

I'm trying to divide one column by another column to give me another column
of awnsers as in B1/C1=D1, B2/C2=D2 etc... Is this possible?
Thanks

Old November 9th 06, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In cell D1 enter the following formula:

=B1/C1

Copy this formula down column D as far as you need. The cell references
will increment automatically.

HTH,
Elkar