Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I divide a column into two?

I want to be able to set up a split column under the same header. I'm trying
to keep track of a goals for my girlfriend and I so under the heading of
"Monday" I want to be able to place a number value for both of us in seperate
cells. Is it possible to do this? Sorry, I'm a rookie...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the Header "Monday" was in cell A1, then right-click on column B and
select 'Insert'. Then highlight A1 and B1 together. Select the Merge and
Center icon from the toolbar. If you are not familiar with that icon, then
right-click your highlighted area, select Format Cells-Alignment tab and
check the box for 'Merge Cells'.

HTH,
Paul

"udowado" wrote in message
I want to be able to set up a split column under the same header. I'm
trying
to keep track of a goals for my girlfriend and I so under the heading of
"Monday" I want to be able to place a number value for both of us in
seperate
cells. Is it possible to do this? Sorry, I'm a rookie...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you do not want to run into problems later on because of the merged cells,
type Monday in A1.

Select A1 and B1 then FormatCellsAlignmentHorizontalCenter Acros Selection.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP