-   -   divide column b by column a (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230480-divide-column-b-column.html)

4idy

divide column b by column a

Column A contains various differnet values, each refering to the quantity of
a particular type of product in my database.

Column B contains the sum price for the quantity of products based on the
price of 1 of that type of product.

e.g. Column A: 4, Column B: 20, so there are 4 of this type of product at £5
each = 20.

I need to know how I can get excel to show me the price for a single product
for all of the rows in my database.

Glenn

divide column b by column a

4idy wrote:
Column A contains various differnet values, each refering to the quantity of
a particular type of product in my database.

Column B contains the sum price for the quantity of products based on the
price of 1 of that type of product.

e.g. Column A: 4, Column B: 20, so there are 4 of this type of product at £5
each = 20.

I need to know how I can get excel to show me the price for a single product
for all of the rows in my database.

Assuming you have headers in row 1, put the following in C2 and copy down as needed:

=B2/A2

David Biddulph[_2_]

divide column b by column a

The Excel symbol for division is the / symbol, so use =B1/A1 and copy down.
--
David Biddulph