Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007

I am trying to use conditional formatting on a range of cells when the cell
to the left of it matches a certain criteria along with less than or equal to
cell.

b4:b367 contains values of Saturday, Sunday, etc
c4:c367 is a numeric field that I am inputting
c371 is a numeric value

So, when any one of the cells in c4:c367 is less than or equal to c371 and
the criteria in b4:b367 matches (for example) "Saturday", I want the cell to
highlight. Can someone please offer me up a solution on how to type the
formula in?

Thank youin advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select c4:c367
Create CF with formula
=AND(B4="Saturday",C4<=$C$371)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Rick Bennett€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I am trying to use conditional formatting on a range of cells when the cell
to the left of it matches a certain criteria along with less than or equal to
cell.

b4:b367 contains values of Saturday, Sunday, etc
c4:c367 is a numeric field that I am inputting
c371 is a numeric value

So, when any one of the cells in c4:c367 is less than or equal to c371 and
the criteria in b4:b367 matches (for example) "Saturday", I want the cell to
highlight. Can someone please offer me up a solution on how to type the
formula in?

Thank youin advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rick Bennet: This is close to what I want to do.

Q: How does this satisfy the requirement that ANY cell in the range is
compared to the value in the target cell? If you select a range of cells,
how do you place the CF result in a separate cell? (I have a range of
color-coded cells. If any of the cells are yellow, I want the summary cell
to be yellow. Alternately, I can say "If ANY cell values in the range are
below 100%, color this cell yellow - and, if below 73%, color this cell red).
The "If ANY cell" command is the hard part. I cannot find it in my
"Dummies" guide to Excel formulas, but I am using the wrong terminology in
all likelihood.

DOUG

"Stefi" wrote:

Select c4:c367
Create CF with formula
=AND(B4="Saturday",C4<=$C$371)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Rick Bennett€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I am trying to use conditional formatting on a range of cells when the cell
to the left of it matches a certain criteria along with less than or equal to
cell.

b4:b367 contains values of Saturday, Sunday, etc
c4:c367 is a numeric field that I am inputting
c371 is a numeric value

So, when any one of the cells in c4:c367 is less than or equal to c371 and
the criteria in b4:b367 matches (for example) "Saturday", I want the cell to
highlight. Can someone please offer me up a solution on how to type the
formula in?

Thank youin advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007
Use a defined name in a formula in CF:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z3yyfj...03_05_09a.xlsx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Stefi, that solved my problem.

Doug,

If I understand what you are asking, I just created multiple cf statements
on the same range of cells and changed my target cell.

Rick

"DOUG" wrote:

Rick Bennet: This is close to what I want to do.

Q: How does this satisfy the requirement that ANY cell in the range is
compared to the value in the target cell? If you select a range of cells,
how do you place the CF result in a separate cell? (I have a range of
color-coded cells. If any of the cells are yellow, I want the summary cell
to be yellow. Alternately, I can say "If ANY cell values in the range are
below 100%, color this cell yellow - and, if below 73%, color this cell red).
The "If ANY cell" command is the hard part. I cannot find it in my
"Dummies" guide to Excel formulas, but I am using the wrong terminology in
all likelihood.

DOUG

"Stefi" wrote:

Select c4:c367