Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting - Excel 2007

I'm trying to highlight column A based on the info in column B. For example
I would like to have yellow in column A when it says "maintenance" in column
B and green in column A when it says "free" in column B. How could I do this?

A B
Time Slot Time Slot Usage
12:00 AM Maintenance
12:05 AM Free
12:10 AM Automated Report
12:15 AM Maintenance
12:20 AM Maintenance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Highlight column A Do, home, conditional formating,Highligth cells rules,
format cells that are equal to and right Maintenance and choose the color
desired, repeat the process for Free changing the color
This will do the trick

"fsfiligoi" wrote:

I'm trying to highlight column A based on the info in column B. For example
I would like to have yellow in column A when it says "maintenance" in column
B and green in column A when it says "free" in column B. How could I do this?

A B
Time Slot Time Slot Usage
12:00 AM Maintenance
12:05 AM Free
12:10 AM Automated Report
12:15 AM Maintenance
12:20 AM Maintenance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
If I didn't misunderstand you you want column A to have two different colors
based on the information on column B. I B i= Free you want the cell in column
A to be green and if B=Maintenance you want the cell in column A to be yellow
if that is correct follow my instrunctions you have only to select column A
and the follow the instructions, If I misunderstood you please clarify it and
I will come back to you

"fsfiligoi" wrote:

I'm trying to highlight column A based on the info in column B. For example
I would like to have yellow in column A when it says "maintenance" in column
B and green in column A when it says "free" in column B. How could I do this?

A B
Time Slot Time Slot Usage
12:00 AM Maintenance
12:05 AM Free
12:10 AM Automated Report
12:15 AM Maintenance
12:20 AM Maintenance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click col A, use conditional formatting, select New rule, select "use a
formula to determine which cells to format, then enter:
=b1="Maintenance" (assuming A1 is active), then click Format & pick the
color you want; then do it all again (from New Rule), enter =b1="Free", click
Format, etc.
HTH

"fsfiligoi" wrote:

I'm trying to highlight column A based on the info in column B. For example
I would like to have yellow in column A when it says "maintenance" in column
B and green in column A when it says "free" in column B. How could I do this?

A B
Time Slot Time Slot Usage
12:00 AM Maintenance
12:05 AM Free
12:10 AM Automated Report
12:15 AM Maintenance
12:20 AM Maintenance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Bob's got your answer.

Tip: When you are going to do multiple rules on the same range use Home,
Conditional Formatting, Manage Rules rather than Conditional Formatting, New
Rule, that way you stay in the conditional formatting area after you click OK
and your next rule begins by just hitting New Rule in the Rules Manager.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire