Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Conditional Formatting - Excel 2007

Hi,
If I didn't misunderstand you you want column A to have two different colors
based on the information on column B. I B i= Free you want the cell in column
A to be green and if B=Maintenance you want the cell in column A to be yellow
if that is correct follow my instrunctions you have only to select column A
and the follow the instructions, If I misunderstood you please clarify it and
I will come back to you

"fsfiligoi" wrote:

I tried that but I'm basically telling excel to highlight column A in green
when it says "free" in column A and I want to highlight column A when it says
"free" in column B.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
Highlight column A Do, home, conditional formating,Highligth cells rules,
format cells that are equal to and right Maintenance and choose the color
desired, repeat the process for Free changing the color
This will do the trick

"fsfiligoi" wrote:

I'm trying to highlight column A based on the info in column B. For example
I would like to have yellow in column A when it says "maintenance" in column
B and green in column A when it says "free" in column B. How could I do this?

A B
Time Slot Time Slot Usage
12:00 AM Maintenance
12:05 AM Free