Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula structure

I am trying to figure out a formula to do the following:
My spread sheet is made up of several columns of types of information. The
two columns that are important to the formula are A and D. A has a
user-defined value of "Paid" or "Unpaid". Column D has a user-defined
currency value. In a separate cell I want to have a running total displayed -
a SUM of the currency amounts in column D associated with (in the same line
as) the "Unpaid" values in column A. The information in this cell should look
like this "Balance owing: $XXXX" where XXXX is the running total.

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

If your data starts in row 2 down
you could have this in say, E2:
=IF(A2<"Unpaid","","Balance owing:
"&TEXT(SUMIF(A$2:A2,"Unpaid",D$2:D2),"$#,##0.0 0"))
and copy E2 down as far as required
--
Max
Singapore