Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula structure building ? check under the excel forum....

I have to re post and clarify my yesterdays question....
"A ? for our Excel Guru's and MVP's" : I request the current MVP to place
the appropriate Check mark on the only correct replies.
Here it goes....
Considering that we are under the Microsoft Forum Domain and as a simple
excel user. I need to know what are the guarantee we can obtain from 3rd
party Add Ins or formula building in standard excel program considering the
following.
1. Excel program always upgrade itself..Will the suggested formula building
thru 3rd party suggestions be an integral part of any excel upgrade?
2. If there are formula suggested under this forum that are not covered by
the Help Files samples and Function description, will this microsoft forum
guarantee the CHECKED MARKS and such checked marks will be integral to all
the succeeding microsoft Upgrades. I am not foolish to follow any answer or
suggestion even they are CHECKED if these replies are not explained or
distinguished precisely by microsoft help files considering a risk in the
future that I
may not able to use the old MS files, utilizing unexplained formula
structuring by the excel programmers himself or MS Support / help files.

I hope you can bother to give clarity since my and your excel's future is
based on the present - the spreadsheet you are now building.

We are always trying to synchronize the MS products and avoiding any future
conflict with each other program...(i.e. ms word, ms. access, etc.). Now, As
an extension...Since the microsoft forum have duly selected the technical
expertise of our MVP's...I am looking forward that microsoft excel will
provide these formula structuring (function usage) in the microsoft Help or
support Files...further to allowing our dear users like me to use such in a
recorded excel files....that must be integral with the rest of MS programs.

I am not questioning about all of the ms products...I am pertaining only on
the
formula structuring of excel thru this forum - no more no less.
Since I use excel, I hade never experienced a fault on formula structuing
guided by the help files...I consider the help files as a true guarantee on a
cautiously made spreadsheet.. Out from the help files,,,I cannot do it with
risk.

Also
see : https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvptechres
I've scanned thru the above site and found out the certifications /
licensing / opportunities / rights / entitlements for MVP directly.
Hence I suppose that all of checked suggestions are responsive and linked
with microsoft excel formula structuring, integral with ms products.

You can also see from other page where the forum's page with rules of
conduct and other matters about microsoft role on this forum together with
MVP's who can control the forum in checking and unchecking....It is usual to
find replies from the MVP's.
Now, i dont know if you can still see all tags beside their signature reply).
I hope that everything is linked together, same with the basics of excel
formula structuring along with the other MS programs.

Thanks to the following for sharing their views yesterday...
Dave F , Don Guillett , Bob Phillips, Jim Thomlinson, Ron Rosenfeld, Gord
Dibben, Biff, Epinn, CLR

My questions are still unchecked.

In reference to the base role of this MS forum. and Controlling power of our
helpful MVPs for this Forum....
1. if 3rd party is not a part of excel's formula building, then why include
it as a link answer, a suggestion and even check it ?
2. Can a bug be possibly created by a formula or by a macro ?
3. Can a formula structure that is not within the base structure/criterias
defined in Fx , Help files...be pronounced by an MVP as an answer ?

Looking to find a reply and another counter check by at least 2 MVPs.
sincere thanks to all.
--
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you read the responses to your question yesterday? MVPs do not decide
whether a posted question receives a check mark or not.

This is a rather simple statement; what don't you understand about it?

As to the question of whether MSFT integrates Excel with news posts or
guarantees the accuracy of response: no. MSFT only hosts the discussion
group. It's not like Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer sit around waiting with
baited breath to tell their minions to make sure that my response or any
other guru's response is accurate. That is left for the user to decide. You
will notice that often when a question is not answered, the original poster
comes back and says "it's not working." This is a cue that the poster took
the initiative to test the answer out, deduce whether it conforms to his
needs, and, if it does not, come back for more help.

As to the idea that MSFT should or does guarantee the accuracy of responses
because they host the newsgroup--that is missing the point of these
discussion boards, and USENET in general, entirely.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"4pinoy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Notes
€¢ MVPs can also mark a reply post in a question thread as an answer (or not).
€¢ More than one post in a question thread can be marked as an answer to the
original question.

I ask this thread for the loyal MVP's not to medal holders.