Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Please help me... with Case Structure

1st post here... it's been a WHILE since I've had to do anything in
excel so I am very very rusty....

Ok, here is what my spreadsheet is doing:
Based on the value of one cell (value is either 1, 2, 3 or 4 only), my
projected cashflow for year 1 to year 10 changes.

So if the checkvalue is 1, I need to pull certain values from a table
to calculate the cashflow, and if the value is 2, I'll need to pull a
different set of values for the calculation, and so forth...

Am I on the right path here? I have no clue how to implement this...

Please help..... :(

--
LSB M
LSB M's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36258

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use a multiple IF statement, but it sounds as if VLOOKUP
would do what you want more precisely. Read Excel Help, and if it is
still not clear then post back with some more detail of what you want
to do.

Hope this helps.

Pete

LSB M wrote:
1st post here... it's been a WHILE since I've had to do anything in
excel so I am very very rusty....

Ok, here is what my spreadsheet is doing:
Based on the value of one cell (value is either 1, 2, 3 or 4 only), my
projected cashflow for year 1 to year 10 changes.

So if the checkvalue is 1, I need to pull certain values from a table
to calculate the cashflow, and if the value is 2, I'll need to pull a
different set of values for the calculation, and so forth...

Am I on the right path here? I have no clue how to implement this...

Please help..... :(

--
LSB M
LSB M's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36258
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560518

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

you're right, vlookup works perfectly.

I just happened to recall seeing a spreadsheet years ago with the case
function, which looked a but more elegant.

Thanks for your help!

:)