Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Formula structure

Try this:

=Sumif(A:A,"Unpaid",D:D)
--

HTH,

RD

"Excel Erick" <Excel wrote in message
I am trying to figure out a formula to do the following:
My spread sheet is made up of several columns of types of information. The
two columns that are important to the formula are A and D. A has a
user-defined value of "Paid" or "Unpaid". Column D has a user-defined
currency value. In a separate cell I want to have a running total
displayed -
a SUM of the currency amounts in column D associated with (in the same line
as) the "Unpaid" values in column A. The information in this cell should
look
like this "Balance owing: $XXXX" where XXXX is the running total.

Please help!