Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nevi

Default Wacky Little IF Structure

It never ceases to amaze me the solutions I find in these forums. I find
I;m posting about a question a week, and I have gotten some absolutely
amazing answers. If one of you who have helped me before happens to
come across this post as well, I just wanted to take a moment and say
THANX!!!!

On to business, though. On the Daily Tracker sheet, my screener lists
off every single ticket that he deals with. Column A is the ticket
number, B is the reps name, C is the category, D is a CB indicator, E
indicates if the ticket is a valid claim, and F for a description.

Now, on another work sheet I need it to list off all of the invalid
tickets, but only the ticket number, name and description.

So what I have at the moment is:

In column A, for the ticket number:
=IF('Daily Tracker'!E4:E1000="No",'Daily Tracker'!A4:A1000)

In column B, for the reps name:
=IF('Daily Tracker'!E4:E1000="No",'Daily Tracker'!B4:B1000)

In column C, for the description:
=IF('Daily Tracker'!E4:E1000="No",'Daily Tracker'!F4:F1000)

Now, this works perfectly6, except for one thing. When the ticket on
the Daily Tracker sheet is valid, it is putting the word "FALSE" into
A, B, and C. So, lets say for example that row 4 and 5 were invalid, 6
was valid and 7 was invalid. What I would end up with is:

Ticket # -- Rep's Name -- Description
Ticket # -- Rep's Name -- Description
FALSE -- FALSE -- FALSE
Ticket # -- Rep's Name -- Description

What I am looking for is a way to tell it to skip over those and move
onto the next so it will not give me those "FALSE" lines.

Thanx for all the help!!!

--
nevi
nevi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33238

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

=IF('Daily Tracker'!E4:E1000="No",'Daily Tracker'!A4:A1000,"")
All you nee to do is add an argument what to do if it is false,but you will
have a blank line instead
Would prolly be better to use an index and match formula to lookup only the
invalid tickets
=INDEX('Daily Tracker'!A4:E1000,MATCH("no",E4:E1000,0),5)

--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"nevi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Select the cells on the second sheet for the ticket numbers (all possible),
and in the formula bar enter

=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(IF('Daily
Tracker'!E4:E1000="No",ROW($A1:$A20),""),ROW($A1:$ A20))),"",
INDEX('Daily Tracker'!A4:A1000,SMALL(IF('Daily
Tracker'!E4:E1000="No",ROW($A1:$A20),""),ROW($A1:$ A20))))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

In B1, add

=VLOOKUP($A1,'Daily Tracker'!$A$4:$F$1000,2,FALSE)

C1

=VLOOKUP($A1,'Daily Tracker'!$A$4:$F$1000,6,FALSE)

Copy B1:C1 down

--

HTH

Bob Phillips