Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why can I not link my workbooks in excel

I have typed = in Al in workbook 2 and then navigated to the required cell to
link to in workbook 1, then clicked enter. Nothing happens. On my other
machine the same process created a link between the two cells.

I than tried the same thing with a paste link but this did not work either.
Can anybody explain. Is there a setting somewhere that stops workbooks from
linking. I could link between sheets without any problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If you see the formula instead of the result, then either of the following
could be the reason:

1. The cell has been formatted as text. To correct for this, press Ctrl+1
on the cell and select General; or
2. You are in Show formulas mode. To see the results instead, pres Ctrl+~

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com