mickey s

Default how do i link workbooks

I'm new to excel and I'm trying to link workbooks. The first workbook
contains information for a new job. I want to line the bid for this model
house with the work order. If I change price on the bid, will it update on
the work order?
Gord Dibben

Workbooks or worksheets?

Either one will work, but updates between workbooks won't happen until you
open the target workbook and it asks for links from the source workbook to be
updated.

Worksheets update immediately.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP