Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default deleting percentage sign

I want to delete the percentage sign (%) in a cell that is formulated for
mpg's. How do i do that so it shows MPG or nothing at all and still has a
one decimal point answer such as 24.5 ??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If one cell, click in it, go to Format/cells/Number and select Number from
the list. Then, pick 1 for decimal places.

In the cell, I assume it has a formula. Let's say the formula is:

=a2/a3

instead, enter =IF(A2/A3=0,"",a2/a3)

"Milwpacker" wrote:

I want to delete the percentage sign (%) in a cell that is formulated for
mpg's. How do i do that so it shows MPG or nothing at all and still has a
one decimal point answer such as 24.5 ??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sean... the formula you provided gives me nothing. When I change over to
just using a number in that cell it changes the number to look like .2 i
want it to read like 24.5 or 24.5 mpg

"Milwpacker" wrote:

I want to delete the percentage sign (%) in a cell that is formulated for
mpg's. How do i do that so it shows MPG or nothing at all and still has a
one decimal point answer such as 24.5 ??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

As Sean said you need to multiple by 100. In addition if you want to
display it as 23.5 MPG then select the cell or range and choose Format,
Cells, Number tab, Custom, and enter the following on the Type line

#0.0 "MPG"

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire