Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Milwpacker Milwpacker is offline

Default deleting percentage sign

Sean... the formula you provided gives me nothing. When I change over to
just using a number in that cell it changes the number to look like .2 i
want it to read like 24.5 or 24.5 mpg

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

If one cell, click in it, go to Format/cells/Number and select Number from
the list. Then, pick 1 for decimal places.

In the cell, I assume it has a formula. Let's say the formula is:

=a2/a3

instead, enter =IF(A2/A3=0,"",a2/a3)

"Milwpacker" wrote:

I want to delete the percentage sign (%) in a cell that is formulated for
mpg's. How do i do that so it shows MPG or nothing at all and still has a
one decimal point answer such as 24.5 ??